Founded in 2010, Skyword empowers today’s top brands to create unique content experiences that deliver customer value and drive business success. With its SaaS+ model, Skyword offers: a SaaS-based enterprise-level content marketing platform, industry-leading services, and a global community of storytellers. Today’s leading brands have created and published more than one million original stories as articles, videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and animations on Skyword360. These stories have earned Skyword customers more than two billion visits organically, and Skyword has paid its freelance creatives more than $30 million on behalf of its customers. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA. The company’s technology center is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Current investors include Rho Acceleration, Cox Media Group, Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, and American Public Media Group.The Professional Services Manager will work with their Associate Director to manage the content strategy and day-to-day execution for several client programs.
The Content Manager owns all content ideation, keyword strategy and reporting, and provides support for client calls and meetings. All client programs are managed using the Skyword Platform. This is not a sales role! We need Marketing Managers to ensure our clients goals, targets, and message are meeting their goals and being heard by their community.
This role is located in downtown Boston, hiring preference will be given to candidates in that market. Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support clients with topic ideation through original research and data analysis
- Use keyword planning tools such as SEMrush and Google Keyword planner to conduct keyword research that aligns with client strategy
- Collaborate with Editorial Managers to ensure assignments are accurate prior to posting.
- Post assignments for writers in Skyword360
- Ensure assignments posted to the Skyword platform are claimed in a timely manner, and that all necessary content is submitted by the specified deadline.
- Support the Editorial Manager to reopen expired assignments and extend deadlines as needed.
- Gather and organize resources and materials as needed from clients to support content creation efforts.
- Update status documents and call agendas prior to Director and Account Manager client interactions.
- Support reporting needs that are agreed upon as part of contract.
- Identify trends and insights that demonstrate value and can be shared by the Account Manager to nurture relationship and uncover new opportunities.
- Join client calls as needed to provide the Account Manager, Director and Associate Director with support.
- Work with the Customer Success team to set up client programs using Skyword360 and provide clients with ongoing training, assistance and support
- Work with Editorial Managers to ensure contributors are properly trained on the content guidelines for their client programs
- Ensure delivery of monthly client program goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of digital marketing
- 1+ years of search, social and content marketing
- 2+ years of client management
- Experience with online content and SEO
- Experience working with digital advertising agencies or consultancies is preferred
- Experience within a startup, high tech environment is preferred
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze issues and develop relevant and actionable plans, programs and recommendations
- Ability to build partnerships and foster teamwork in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed objectives
- Able to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture
- Comfort with technology and the ability to discuss basic Internet technologies with clients
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems, while maintaining a strong customer focus
- Able to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to manage time around unexpected situations and/or requests and prioritize workflow by opportunity
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive market-based salary. Medical, dental, life, progressive parental leave, and disability insurance plans; equity; 401(k) plans with employer matching contribution; three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays; 10 sick days; 2 half day volunteer days; and an open, friendly work environment.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.