Skyword is seeking an experienced content editor and strategist to serve in a key role that’s part of a content marketing program - managing content production for the IT division of our client’s B2B tech portfolio. The Editorial Strategist will partner with key client stakeholders to learn the ins and outs of the business and develop content plans that align with monthly and annual business objectives. You will work directly with a select group of writers to produce content and ensure it’s of the highest quality. Strong candidates have no problem asking questions and diving into data to develop innovative content strategies that achieve content goals. We want someone who isn’t afraid to think creatively!
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of an established organization with opportunity for advancement.
- Spearhead the development and delivery of content marketing plans for the IT division to support always-on publishing needs, campaigns and product launches.
- Schedule and lead briefings with client business leads to inform regular content plan development.
- Lead ideation, topic pitching and assignment creation in collaboration with freelance writers.
- Provide strategy, insights and ideas to fuel enhanced content production (webinars, white papers, videos, infographics, etc.)
- Schedule and manage assignments using the Skyword360 platform.
- Manage and serve as a resource for freelance writers as they work through the content creation process.
- Review content to ensure adherence to content standards and brand POV. Provide direct, substantive feedback to writers when revisions are required.
- Conduct keyword research, market research and competitive analysis as needed in development of content plans.
- Ensure SEO best practices are integral to content planning and content execution by writers.
- Support Skyword’s Community Management team in the recruitment of new writers as needed.
- Act as direct liaison between content creation process and client on weekly basis.
- Contribute to regular status calls with client stakeholders to report on content production progress.
- Provide clients with ongoing strategic recommendations and advice.
- Ensure delivery of monthly program goals.
- Strong content writing/editing background. B2B Tech experience required.
- Ability to grasp new topics quickly and communicate professionally with technology experts.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work autonomously.
- Ability to analyze performance in the development of actionable plans and recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed objectives.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Direct client communication and freelancer management.
- Ability to grasp new technology platforms quickly.
- Comfort discussing SEO and Google Analytics best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems, while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to challenges.
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Marketing or equivalent
- 3-5 years of B2B technology digital publishing or digital marketing
- 2-3 years of client management
- Experience utilizing keyword research and SEO tools
- Experience working in Microsoft Office; Excel and PowerPoint specifically
- Solid references
The Editorial Strategist will work remotely until it is possible to work in Skyword’s Boston office, and will work during normal business hours.
Many things can hold us back from applying to a job posting. The truth is, there's no such thing as the “perfect” candidate. Skyword is building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, will only complement the team we already have in place. At Skyword every team member can grow and develop. So, please apply if this role inspires you, and would make you want to bring your best to work every day. We’ll bring the rest to make this a memorable experience!
Founded in 2010, Skyword empowers today’s top brands to create unique content experiences that deliver customer value and drive business success. With its SaaS+ model, Skyword offers: a SaaS-based enterprise-level content marketing platform, industry-leading services, and a global community of storytellers. Today’s leading brands have created and published more than one million original stories as articles, videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and animations on Skyword360. These stories have earned Skyword customers more than two billion visits organically, and Skyword has paid its freelance creatives more than $30 million on behalf of its customers. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA with an office in Washington D.C. Current investors include Rho Acceleration, Cox Media Group, Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, and American Public Media Group.