Skyword’s Content Strategy Manager partners with their Director to manage the content strategy and day-to-day execution for several client programs. The Content Strategy Manager owns the client relationship, all content ideation, keyword strategy and reporting, and all client calls and meetings. All client programs are managed using the Skyword Platform.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as main point of contact for clients including ownership of status calls with clients and providing support to clients as needed
- Lead reporting needs that are agreed upon as part of a client contract.
- Support clients with topic ideation through original research and data analysis
- Use keyword planning tools such as SEMrush and Google Keyword planner (and others as necessary) to conduct keyword research that aligns with client strategy
- Collaborate with Editorial Managers to ensure content supports and drives overall program strategy forward
- Gather and organize resources and materials as needed from clients to support content creation efforts.
- Work with the Customer Success team to set up client programs using Skyword360 and provide clients with ongoing training, assistance and support
- Work with Editorial Managers to ensure contributors are properly trained on the content guidelines for their client programs
- Ensure delivery of monthly client program goals
- Leverage tools such as Brandwatch, Google Trends, etc to uncover insight for content opportunities including social and the web, to further drive client program results
- Report on client programs and impact on business results to key stakeholders
- 2-4 years of digital marketing and content marketing experience
- 3-5 years of client management experience
- Experience with online content, SEO, Social, Digital Media or Content Distribution preferred
- Strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and develop relevant and actionable plans, programs and recommendations
- Solution focused with the ability to think strategically, identifying and resolve problems, while maintaining a strong customer focus
- Ability to manage time around unexpected situations and/or requests and prioritize workflow by opportunity
- 2-3 years working within a digital advertising agencies or consultancies
- Experience within a startup, SaaS, tech environment
- Has successfully built partnerships and fostered teamwork in face-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Proven self-starter, with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed expectations
- Comfort with technology and the ability to discuss basic Internet technologies with clients
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The Content Strategy Manager will work remotely until it is possible to work in Skyword’s Boston office, and will work during normal business hours.
Many things can hold us back from applying to a job posting. The truth is, there's no such thing as the “perfect” candidate. Skyword is building a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, will only complement the team we already have in place. At Skyword every team member can grow and develop. So, please apply if this role inspires you, and would make you want to bring your best to work every day. We’ll bring the rest to make this a memorable experience!
Founded in 2010, Skyword empowers today’s top brands to create unique content experiences that deliver customer value and drive business success. With its SaaS+ model, Skyword offers: a SaaS-based enterprise-level content marketing platform, industry-leading services, and a global community of storytellers. Today’s leading brands have created and published more than one million original stories as articles, videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and animations on Skyword360. These stories have earned Skyword customers more than two billion visits organically, and Skyword has paid its freelance creatives more than $30 million on behalf of its customers. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA with an office in Washington D.C. Current investors include Rho Acceleration, Cox Media Group, Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, and American Public Media Group.