As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will play a large role in designing and implementing features in our next generation SAAS platform, contributing to the transformation of our business.
If you are a highly skilled and motivated developer, with a successful track record of working in large, consumer-facing web infrastructures and are ready for a challenging & rewarding environment, then we want to talk to you!
This role is located in our D.C office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly skilled full stack developer assigned to create and maintain complex Internet applications in Python / Django / React
- Responsible for scoping, architecting, and implementing new features in our SAAS platform
- Work in an iterative development environment using methodologies like CI/CD and containerization to quickly deliver code, gather feedback, and provide value to our users
- Work independently or in a team environment, able to collaborate with other developers and members of other departments
- Help validate the quality of your and your peers code via testing and code reviews
- Exercise judgment, applying creativity and ingenuity in designing and implementing solutions
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related field)
- Five plus years of professional experience developing Internet applications within a team environment
- Strong experience in designing and implementing architectures for robust, scalable cutting edge web applications
- Strong experience creating API endpoints with Python / Django / Django REST Framework
- Strong knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL and schema design
- Full life cycle development experience
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and general DevOps
- Experience with source control, preferably Git, and issue tracking systems like Jira
- Experience creating unit and functional tests to validate code
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Must be self-directed, confident, and have the able to use best-practice development processes effectively
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on a data analysis project is a plus
- Experience with component architecture and design systems, and tools like Storybook
- Good understanding of modern CSS (CSS in JS, styled components, CSS Modules)
- Good understanding of responsive web design, web accessibility, and web performance
Founded in 2010, Skyword empowers today’s top brands to create unique content experiences that deliver customer value and drive business success. With its SaaS+ model, Skyword offers: a SaaS-based enterprise-level content marketing platform, industry-leading services, and a global community of storytellers. Today’s leading brands have created and published more than one million original stories as articles, videos, images, infographics, podcasts, and animations on Skyword360. These stories have earned Skyword customers more than two billion visits organically, and Skyword has paid its freelance creatives more than $30 million on behalf of its customers. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in both Pittsburgh, PA and Washington D.C. Current investors include Rho Acceleration, Cox Media Group, Allen & Company, Progress Ventures, and American Public Media Group.