Skyword is seeking a Director, UX/UI Design to help shape the UX vision of our content marketing platform, and take a leadership role in our Technology team in our downtown Pittsburgh office. You will be part of our nine-person Product Management team, and will manage a team of three UX/UI designers. You must be a great team leader with excellent people management skills. You must also be an advocate for the user, and be able to create elegant and simple user experiences from complex business workflows.
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a fast growing organization with significant opportunity for advancement.
- Be an advocate for our users and influence the product team and the overall organization to achieve solutions that are right for users
- Work with Product Managers, Engineers, QA Engineers, and Marketers to create user experiences that are holistic and seamless, and support Skyword’s product vision
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of three UX/UI Designers.
- Convey web application design ideas via sketches, storyboards, user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Utilize usability testing and UX research skills in the execution of projects
- Prioritize design work against current roadmaps and future feature development
- Use knowledge of current web technology and user-interface design standards to identify areas of opportunity and improvement on the site
- Interact with the engineering team to ensure feasibility, proper scope, and time-to-market tradeoffs
- Manage a large body of work in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and create exceptional user experiences by being responsible for end-to-end deliverables on projects and initiatives
- Ability to forge strong working relationships: work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams including product managers and developers
- A portfolio that demonstrates compelling design perspective and a strategy that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals
- An eye for detail, a passion for consistency, and excellent organizational skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid decision-making skills and the ability to articulate your reasoning while taking the bigger product picture into consideration
- A strong understanding of visual design principles – typography, color, and layout
- A demonstrated ability to present and defend design ideas to members of the management and technology teams
- Ability to switch gears, juggle multiple projects, and work within tight deadlines
- Experience using InVision, Axure, Sketch or similar prototyping tools
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, web design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, ideally involving web-based software
- 2+ years managing a team
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance plans, three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays and an open, friendly work environment
Skyword moves brands – and their content – forward. By embracing a sustainable, scalable approach to original storytelling, Skyword liberates brands from ineffective marketing practices and inspires them to create deeper connections with their customers. With a powerful combination of enterprise-class technology, authentic voices, and professional services, Skyword propels clients’ content marketing programs to new levels of excellence. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA, with an office in Pittsburgh, PA.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.