Skyword is seeking an experienced content editor and strategist to serve in a key role that’s part of a content marketing machine - managing content production for the Mobile Device division of our client’s B2B tech portfolio. The Content Strategist will partner with key client stakeholders to learn the ins and outs of the business and develop content plans that align with business objectives. You will work directly with a select group of writers to produce content and ensure it’s of the highest quality. Strong candidates have no problem asking questions and diving into data to develop innovative content strategies that achieve content goals. We want someone who isn’t afraid to think creatively!
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a fast growing organization with opportunity for advancement.
- Spearhead the development and delivery of content marketing plans for the Mobile Devices division to support always-on publishing needs, campaigns and product launches.
- Schedule and lead briefings with client business leads to inform regular content plan development.
- Lead ideation, topic pitching and assignment creation in collaboration with freelance writers.
- Provide strategy, insights and ideas to fuel enhanced content production (videos, infographics, etc.)
- Schedule and manage assignments using Skyword’s Content Marketing platform.
- Manage and serve as a resource for freelance writers as they work through the content creation process.
- Review content to ensure adherence to content standards and brand POV. Provide direct, substantive feedback to writers when revisions are required.
- Conduct keyword research, market research and competitive analysis as needed in development of content plans.
- Ensure SEO best practices are integral to content planning and content execution by writers.
- Support Skyword’s Community Management team in the recruitment of new writers as needed.
- Work with Skyword’s Editorial team to ensure writers are properly trained on the content standards for the program.
- Contribute to regular status calls with client stakeholders to report on content production progress.
- Provide clients with ongoing strategic recommendations and advice.
- Ensure delivery of monthly program goals.
- Strong content writing/editing background. B2B Tech experience preferred.
- Ability to grasp new topics quickly and communicate professionally with technology experts.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work autonomously.
- Ability to analyze performance in the development of actionable plans and recommendations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to take responsibility and consistently exceed objectives.
- Positive attitude, professional demeanor and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Direct client communication and freelancer management.
- Ability to grasp new technology platforms quickly.
- Comfort discussing SEO and Google Analytics best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems, while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to challenges.
- Position is based in Boston; regular day travel to New Jersey at least once a week is required
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent
- 3-5 years of B2B digital publishing or digital marketing
- 2-3 years of client management
- Experience utilizing keyword research and SEO tools
- Experience working in Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid references
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance plans, three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays and an open, friendly work environment
Skyword moves brands – and their content – forward. By embracing a sustainable, scalable approach to original storytelling, Skyword liberates brands from ineffective marketing practices and inspires them to create deeper connections with their customers. With a powerful combination of enterprise-class technology, authentic voices, and professional services, Skyword propels clients’ content marketing programs to new levels of excellence. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Palo Alto, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, and New York City.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.