Skyword is seeking an innovative, passionate, and experienced Senior Visual UI Designer to take a leadership role on our Technology team in our Pittsburgh, PA office. The Senior Visual UI Designer will apply strong visual design skills to manage the look and feel of a content marketing web platform. This person will also be responsible for creating, maintaining, and enforcing a pattern library. This designer will work closely with UX architects, engineers, and product managers to create fresh and innovative designs.
By joining Skyword, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part of a fast growing organization with significant opportunity for advancement.
- Design refined web application layouts, graphical elements, and high fidelity prototypes from wireframes and product specifications
- Develop a pattern library, design templates, and working prototypes that can be used by the engineering, UI, and UX teams to create applications that are usable and visually appealing
- Serve as the brand steward, ensuring a consistency of site appearance via the pattern library and established standards
- Use knowledge of current web technology and user-interface design standards to identify areas of opportunity and improvement on the site
- Interact with the engineering team to ensure feasibility, proper scope, and time-to-market tradeoffs
- Manage a large body of work in a fast-paced environment
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other members of the Technology team
- Excellent visual design skills
- An eye for detail, a passion for consistency, and excellent organizational skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates work on web interfaces, a compelling design perspective, and clean aesthetic
- A strong understanding of visual design principles – typography, color, and layout.
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment and develop strong working relationships across the organization
- Solid decision making and exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience using InVision, Axure, Sketch or other prototyping tools
- Experience using JIRA or other issue ticketing systems
- Ability to translate UX designs into stylized and templated CSS is preferred
- Knowledge of content management systems and social networking platforms and an understanding of the content marketing space and search engine optimization (SEO) is preferred
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, web design, or related field
- 5+ years experience in visual user interface design
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary; medical, dental, life, 401k and disability insurance plans; three weeks paid vacation; 11 paid holidays and an open, friendly work environment.
Skyword moves brands – and their content – forward. By embracing a sustainable, scalable approach to original storytelling, Skyword liberates brands from ineffective marketing practices and inspires them to create deeper connections with their customers. With a powerful combination of enterprise-class technology, authentic voices, and professional services, Skyword propels clients’ content marketing programs to new levels of excellence. Skyword is a privately held company headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices in Palo Alto, CA, Pittsburgh, PA, New York City and Miami.
Skyword is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.